How To Sell Your Whisky Cask In Auction
Do you have a cask for sale?
Get a free valuation for your whisky cask today!
Call or email one of our experienced valuers Wayne or Harrison Ormerod on 01253 620376 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Commission & Other Charges
5% sellers commission
Listing fee per Lot - £3
Reserve fee - £5 per Lot
International bank transfer charge may apply
VAT is payable by the seller on all services provided by the auctioneer, not the hammer price.
We also offer bespoke tasting notes which are produced from the most recent regauged cask sample. This is optional but highly recommended.
Mr Seaforth Club
Selling your whisky made as easy as 1 2 3
1. From the outset Wayne was on hand to guide us through the process and to explain each step. I've now used Whisky-online auctions a few times now and have never been disappointed with any part of the process, Looking forward to the next one.....
Whisky Galore at WOA
2. Never failed to be impressed by the professionalism of the WOA team. Having used them more than once to facilitate the sale of casks full of the most prized liquid, we have been blown away by the bids and ultimately the final hammer prices. Even when we encountered some little problems it has never been too much for Wayne to resolve, and have never stood in the way of us achieving some fantastic sales. So whether buying or selling your bottles or casks WOA is the place to be.
3. This was our 5th auction with Whisky Online, and we were not disappointed with the outcomes before and certainly not this time. Whether you are selling a single bottle or a cask, the staff will take care of you and answer any questions you may have and they treat each sale item as if it were their own. Cheers WOA, it has been an absolute pleasure to use your services and look forward to having the opportunity of using you again in the future.
This was my first venture into an …
1. This was my first venture into an auction of any type. I had a cask of Macallan - a sherry hogshead and I approached this with a great deal of trepidation and scepticism. In the end I placed my trust in Wayne and was not left disappointed. I found the whole process went exactly as he advised. He was extremely honest with his estimates, advice, timeframes and guidance without 'overpromising and under delivering'. Expectations were more than exceeded. The results were simply overwhelming - a UK auction record price achieved for a cask such as this. Communication was excellent, keeping me informed at every stage and payment received on the stated time. I think whisky-online auctions are making a name for themselves in cask sales and building a deserved reputation as market leaders. I cannot recommend them and my dealings with Wayne highly enough - great job!
1. Fantastic company. Compliments to Wayne's knowledge and guidance to selling our cask. Definitely would recommend this company. Thanks all.
Selling your whisky cask in auction
Selling your cask in auction incurs no further outlay and is made easy as our team are on hand to assist at every stage of the auction, keeping you up to date throughout the process from initial valuation to transfer of ownership to final payment. Selling casks is not new for us, we have experience built up by auctioning a portfolio of casks with a 100% track record. This is due to our database of buyers based around the World that we have collected over 25 years in the whisky industry. Our database of buyers includes casual & seasoned drinkers, collectors, investors and big consortiums as well as established independent bottlers.
What you need to consider
If you have thought about bottling your whisky, you need to consider the reality of how much effort and further investment this includes. The first question you need to ask yourself is how many bottles of the same whisky do you want to drink? Secondly, you’re going to need a lot of space to store 200-500 bottles. And finally, the cost involved removing the whisky from Bond - duty per litre, VAT, labelling and bottling costs. Depending on how many bottles your cask will produce and at what ABV, the cost can vary from £6,000- £15,000.
We don’t just list your cask and hope for the best. We’re active in promoting casks to ensure that the right people are aware it is for sale. Images of the cask will boost interest as it gives potential buyers the feeling the cask actually exists. Adding to this we can produce bespoke tasting notes of the actual whisky from a recent cask sample as well as comments on how the whisky is performing in the cask. Again, this gives any potential buyer insight and the confidence to bid.
Our history selling whisky casks in auction
We started auctioning whisky casks back in 2017 and have since established ourselves as the leaders in this relatively new phenomenon. To date, we've sold over 30 whisky casks from all regions of Scotland. Whisky casks regularly feature in our month whisky auctions so whether you're looking to sell or buy one, we have you covered.
RESULTS FOR WHISKY CASKS SOLD IN OUR AUCTION
|Cask Type & Information||Amount Of Bottles (70cl)||Date Sold||Hammer Price||Historical Auction Records (£)|
|BOURBON BARREL OF BOWMORE 1990 - CASK 3322||124||AUGUST 2019||£50,100||DETAILS »|
|HOGSHEAD OF TOBERMORY 1995 - CASK 1841||280||MAY 2019||£13,000||DETAILS »|
|SHERRY HOGSHEAD OF TULLIBARDINE 2005 - CASK 267||307||NOVEMBER 2018||£5,300||DETAILS »|
|HOGSHEAD OF MACALLAN 1990 - CASK 4070||208||NOVEMBER 2018||£49,500||DETAILS »|
|BOURBON BARREL OF TULLIBARDINE 2005 - CASK 186||211||NOVEMBER 2018||£3,100||DETAILS »|
|HOGSHEAD OF MACALLAN 1989 - CASK 9313||213||OCTOBER 2018||£90,100||DETAILS »|
|FIRST FILL HOGSHEAD OF TOBERMORY 1996 - CASK 438||252||SEPTEMBER 2018||£12,700||DETAILS »|
|FIRST FILL HOGSHEAD OF TOBERMORY 1994 - CASK 39||244||AUGUST 2018||£17,100||DETAILS »|
|REFILL CUSTOMER HOGSHEAD OF MACALLAN 1989 - CASK 3480||188||AUGUST 2018||£70,200||DETAILS »|
|FIRST FILL BUTT OF TOBERMORY 1994 - CASK 5015||461||AUGUST 2018||£25,600||DETAILS »|
|REFILL BUTT OF BEN NEVIS 1996 - CASK 1458||397||JUNE 2018||£13,000||DETAILS »|
|REFILL BUTT OF BEN NEVIS 1996 - CASK 1459||470||JUNE 2018||£13,000||DETAILS »|
|HOGSHEAD OF BRUICHLADDICH 1993 - CASK 1641||110||APRIL 2018||£7,100||DETAILS »|
|SHERRY HOGSHEAD OF MACALLAN 1989 - CASK 1248||257||JANUARY 2018||£242,200||DETAILS »|
|SHERRY HOGSHEAD OF MACALLAN 1990 - CASK 4048||240||DECEMBER 2017||£135,100||DETAILS »|
|REFILL SHERRY BUTT OF MACALLAN 1996 - CASK 15538||526||DECEMBER 2017||£168,300||DETAILS »|
|HOGSHEAD OF ISLE OF JURA 1992 - CASK 5488||197||DECEMBER 2017||£11,100||DETAILS »|
|HOGSHEAD OF ISLE OF JURA 1992 - CASK 5486||172||DECEMBER 2017||£7,700||DETAILS »|
|HOGSHEAD OF ISLE OF JURA 1992 - CASK 5490||172||DECEMBER 2017||£7,800||DETAILS »|
|HOGSHEAD OF ISLE OF JURA 1992 - CASK 5487||64||DECEMBER 2017||£575||DETAILS »|
|HOGSHEAD OF ARRAN 1997 - CASK 18||185||NOVEMBER 2017||£4,100||DETAILS »|
|REFILL HOGSHEAD OF MACALLAN 1995 - CASK 7739||236||OCTOBER 2017||£52,100||DETAILS »|
|BOURBON BARREL OF TULLIBARDINE 2006 - CASK 806||219||OCTOBER 2017||£2,300||DETAILS »|
|REFILL HOGSHEAD OF MACALLAN 1995 - CASK 7738||205||OCTOBER 2017||£52,100||DETAILS »|
|EX BOURBON BARREL OF LITTLEMILL 1990 - CASK 918||121||SEPTEMBER 2017||£31,100||DETAILS »|
|REFILL SHERRY HOGSHEAD OF MACALLAN 1994 - CASK 2316||201||SEPTEMBER 2017||£90,600||DETAILS »|
|REFILL SHERRY HOGSHEAD OF MACALLAN 1994 - CASK 2317||266||SEPTEMBER 2017||£82,100||DETAILS »|
|EX BOURBON BARREL OF TULLIBARDINE - CASK 15||240||AUGUST 2017||£3,700||DETAILS »|
|BOURBON BARREL OF PORT CHARLOTTE 2004 - CASK 969||231||JULY 2017||£9,300||DETAILS »|
|SHERRY HOGSHEAD OF MACALLAN 1993 - CASK 4131||144||JUNE 2017||£52,600||DETAILS »|
|HOGSHEAD OF MACALLAN 1993 - CASK 4130||202||JUNE 2017||£55,900||DETAILS »|